3 pound eye of round roast
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
6 cloves chopped garlic
* Mix together your seasonings and set them aside.
* Take out your roast, rinse and pat dry.
* Rub seasonings all over the roast. Let it rest on the counter for 30 minutes
* Preheat oven to 500 degrees
* Place roast in a roasting pan and put in the oven, fatty side up.
* Roast at 500 degrees for 7 minutes per pound
* Lower oven temp to 170
* DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!!!!
* Bake for another 2 hours at 170 will bring the roast to Medium doneness.
* After removing from oven, cover with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.
* Slice and enjoy!
125 to 130 = Rare
130 to 140 = Medium Rare
140 to 150 = Medium
150 to 155 = Medium Well
160 and up = Well done