1 lb chicken breast
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, sliced
Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
1 cup half and half
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Basil and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
8 oz penne pasta, reserve pasta water for thinning out sauce
* Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve some cooked pasta water. Drain and rinse the pasta and toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking
* Drain tomatoes from oil. Reserve 2 tablespoons of oil for sautéing.
* In a large pan, sauté garlic & sliced tomatoes in oil for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant.
* Remove tomatoes & garlic from the pan, leaving the oil, and add chicken, season with salt and paprika. Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
* Remove chicken.
* Whisk in half & half and cheese to the skillet and bring to a gentle boil. Immediately reduce to simmer and cook constantly whisking until all cheese melts & creamy sauce forms.
* If sauce is too thick, add reserved pasta water a little at a time to thin it out.
* Add sliced tomatoes, garlic and chicken back to the skillet on medium heat.
* Stir in cooked pasta and simmer a few minutes to combine flavors.
* Add basil and red pepper flakes.